Our Active School Week is a new initiative we have introduced in the school. Instead of having just a sports day we are now expanding to incorporate a full week of interesting activties. The weather looks like being perfect for the week so – Let’s Get Moving!
When? Mon, May 30th – Fri, June 3rd,
Activities: each day we plan on getting the whole school involved in a range of activities. Here is the plan for the week.
- Monday – whole school relay
- Tuesday – GAA focus with external coach + tag rugby competition
- Wednesday – ‘WOW day’ means Walk On Wednesday – the students will be walking to school together from McDonalds.
- Thursday – Sports Day – with a wide range of activities such as orienteering, basketball, dancing, rounders, tag rugby, Teddy Bears picnic, face painting, penalty shootout and our teacher vs 6th class student soccer match
- Friday – Irish dancing + céilí after lunch.
- Each day – our classes are to perform fun exercises while in their lines at lunch
- Active homework – we are also asking parents to perform some activities with the children e.g. skipping, each night of our Active School Week.